Filthy is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Well...you know me...when I feel the need to talk about something, nine times out of ten I'm going to blog about it. Either blog, do a YouTube, a social media post, either way I'm going to get my point across. So here I go.
When I'm at work, I often tend to listen AKA slightly watch YouTube videos when I'm tired of listening to my many Pandora stations, especially when they tend to play all of my favorite songs over and over. I mean...I get it, those are my favorite songs, but damn, switch it up a little...I'm going off on another tangent here, let me get back to my point. I kept seeing this video in my YouTube timeline and although I never clicked on it before, I kept seeing it there like someone somewhere was trying to tell me to watch it. The other day I said fuck it, give it a go. It was a Vice News video called "Young and Gay: Jamaica's Gully Queens" that I believe was shot/uploaded about three years ago. Not only does this video give you an idea of what it is like to be LGBT in Jamaica it also spoke about an actual law that outlawed anal sex.
I'm a big fan of Jamaica, its culture, its music, and definitely their food, but I absolutely do not share their feeling AKA judgement on sexuality. It is what it is. People do what they do in their bedroom and who the fuck are you to judge a life that you're NOT living?! I'm just saying. Not really surprised though, I've been listening to reggae and dance-hall music since I was a little youth as Jamaicans would say. Based on the music alone I can tell that only recently have dance-hall artists felt comfortable enough to talk about receiving oral sex. Back in the days that was a big NO NO too, especially giving oral sex, so it doesn't surprise me that to this day there's a law on Jamaica's books that can get you locked up for anal sex. Wow.
As I thought about this shit, I decided to go to Google the snitch and ask if there were any other strange ass sex laws, and I came upon a link that spoke about unusual sexual practices around the world. Check out some of this weird shit:
1. In Mangaia, an island in the South Pacific Ocean, boys around the age of 13 have sex with older women who teach them the intricacies of the act and how best to please their partners!
2. With the Kreung Tribe in Cambodia, the elders build a love-hut for their teenage daughters. Different boys spend the night here day after day, until she finds a suitable partner, who is then with her for life!
3. Ancient Egypt was obsessed with masturbation. They believed the ebb and flow of the Nile was caused by their god of creation’s ejaculation. Thus, the would ritually masturbate into the Nile to ensure a wealth of water for crops. During the Egyptian festival of the god Min, who represented the pharaoh’s sexual power, men regularly masturbated in public.
4. The people of Inis Beag, an island off the coast of Ireland, are so sexually repressed that they keep their underwear on even during sexual intercourse.
5. Colombia's Guajiro people have a ceremonial dance. If a woman trips a man during the dance, they must have sex.
CRAZY RIGHT?! I know! Either way, good reading, am I right?!
Check out all of my blogs on my site, check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel, and matter of fact...I posted a video below. Make sure you check it out, subscribe, click like, comment, share, and turn on your notifications! Like I always say, if you read one and love one, donate $1 below!
Thanks again for reading a Kai Storm blog!